Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Little Black Book

I have to wonder how long is it acceptable to keep the little black book. I would think once you get married the little black book should be burned even if the women in those books are just "friends". It's quite annoying to see your spouse still calling and keeping in touch with long ago loves or "friends". It's not about jealousy it's simply about not wanting to know that you're still connected to someone that seems to be more than just friends.


Yet if the woman of the releationship were to keep their little black book and stay in touch with their past loves and "friends" it wouldn't look right. So why is there that double standard? I love my husband with all my heart but I'll never understand why he must keep in touch with women that he use to date.


Just yesterday I found a recent letter that my husband wrote yet had not been placed in the envelope to be sent out and he signed it with lots of love and miss you like crazy. In the letter he mentions how he misses seeing her and hearing her laugh and can't wait to see her again, I know if I ask what the hell, he will say it's nothing and that they're just friends and accuse me of snooping when in actuality he left the letter in plain sight and not put in an odd place for me to find it. Yet if the shoe were on the other foot he would be asking me a crap load of questions and I'd be asked not to mail it out. His sister in tow would be labeling me a cheater yet she would say I'm making too big a deal out of his letter and staying in touch.


I have to wonder if you think you would have been better off with one of your other "friends" and that's why you keep in touch with them in case our relationship doesn't work out and you need a safetynet. What happens when that safetynet finds their own life/significant other and has moved on, what then?

It's time for you to give up your little black book and grow up, stop acting like a teenager and become a man already. If you want your life at home to be magically better perhaps you should start acting more maturely. Take the responsibility you already have more seriously. Yes you can change a diaper, good for you.....now take it a step further and give your baby a bath for the first time, it's not that hard, I've shown you like 4 times already, it's not rocket science for crying out loud. Speaking of crying, when your child cries run through the check list, is the baby dirty? is the baby hungry? did the baby throw up and need to be cleaned and changed? is the baby sitting or laying on something that is uncomfortable. Does the baby need a sucky? Is the baby hot or cold and need to be dressed accordingly? Don't just look at your baby scratch your head and say I don't know what's wrong. Yes you do help out but if you'd stop having to ask me what to do next then maybe just maybe I'd be able to take care of my errands and what not early and be home at a decent time to have dinner made and put away so that your shift can end early...even though it would be nice to have a break as well, big whiney cry baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment