So I have been going to the gym now for at least a month. And while it's been fun going back to get in shape and have a little me time, I can't help but wonder what people are thinking. I do not go to the gym at the same time every day so I get the opportunity to see a variety of people, not that, that is my resason for going. Mainly I go when I get a moment away from the almost 2 year old little monkey.
I LOVE going when it's early and hardly anyone is there because then everything is availalble and there is little distraction. During the rest of the day it's fairly busy and can be distracting with those meat heads that think throwing their entire body into the weights instead of just using the muscle group that you're suspposed to be using on a machine or the free weights while loudly grunting is just plain silly and makes me want to laugh. Then you have little miss perfect walk in with her fake boobs/no bra shit load of make-up parading around in little to nothing flirting with the meat heads. It's not studio 54, hit the weights, a treadmil, or other exercise machine and work out or go back to working your corner, geez!
The other down fall to working out at the gym when it's busy is having some lunk head telling you that you're lifting incorrectly. I don't know what exactly the machine is called but it's the one where you're in a sitting position doing leg presses. He was trying to tell me that I wanted to lock out my knees to get the benefit of lifting the weights. I may not be a weight lifter, personal trainer, etc but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you lock out your knees with that kind of weight you could potentially screw up your knees and or injure yourself pretty good. Not that I'm one to give advice but I did see an older man running on the treadmil at full speed and then he'd hop onto the sides of the moving belt when he'd get winded and needed a break from the running. My personal opinion and thought was, why not just slow the belt down manually with the buttons like youre supposed to do to avoid I don't know, falling on your face. Eventually I had to stop my machine and move on to something else, I didn't want to witness the dumb-ass take a header. By the way what is up with the men that come in sees all of the treadmils that are available and they have to take a treadmil right next to you, it's creepy and makes me feel more self conscience. Also what does one say when someone that just starts working out on a treamil next to you says, "You're leaving so soon? But I just got here, beautiful!" I would never believe anyone would say that to me but being I was the only one around I knew he was talking to me, all I could say was, "yup, my hubby is waiting for me." then I pretty much ran like hell and forgot my sweat towel.
Hygeine in general, if you wipe down the machine you have just used take the sanitary wipe with you and toss it in the trash, don't wad it up and stick it in a cup holder or somewhere else where another person is likely to stick their hands or place their belongings in, that's just nasty! And please for the love of god wipe down the weight machines after you've left your sweat imprints on them it's just common decency.
Tomorrow's workout is a new day, can hardly wait to see what awaits me at the gym tomorrow. It's almost as interesting as being able to read a book without intteruption from a crazy almost 2 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment