Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wrightwood California Trip

Sunday July 12th my family and I were going to celebrate our anniversary together. I was up especially early that morning because of a dream that I had but we'll get into that another time. I was awake at 5 a.m. I took our cute dog for a walk that she needed badly. When I got home I took a quick shower and it was still really early so I surfed the web and decided that I now needed coffee because I had been up so early and we still had to get through the morning.

I drove to a local coffee shop that's open at about 6 a.m. By this time it was now approaching 7:00 a.m. I actually was not the first person there. I'm assuming the regular early birds are always there every Sunday at that ungodly hour. I finished my morning coffee and sweet roll while surfing the web on my iPod, searching for something that caught my ear so to speak. By this time it was almost 8:00a.m. and I decided that it was time to head back to the house to see if anyone was up yet.

Half way to my car I accidentally farted, it was so embarrassing! I didn't see anyone so I thought whew no one will ever know. Then I heard a little chuckle somewhere so I walked faster. I got into my car and my phone started going off, it was my hubby and he wanted me to get him some coffee too. I wanted to just die right there, I went back inside got his coffee and on the way out the door this older man had said, "I don't think you really should have that second cup of coffee." Oh gosh how mortifying! I don't think I'll ever get coffee there ever again unless someone else goes in for me.

I went home and told my husband and he thought he was going to bruise a rib or something from laughing so hard. When we were finally able to leave, we went to breakfast with my parents. Afterwards my dad wanted to take us to Wrightwood to wander around since it had been a few years since we've all been there. It's a cute little town in the Mountains kind of like Big Bear.

We went into the cutest of shops, I wish I would have known we were going there so I could have taken a camera. The view was beautiful and breath taking! We mainly did a lot of walking around.

We had loads of fun! Just before we were getting ready to leave we all decided to get something cool to eat so we made our last stop at the ice cream shop. While we sat on the covererd patio there was a small boy of about 8 years old at the most that would not listen to his dad. His dad wanted him to sit down and eat his icecream. The little boy was frusterated that he kept getting told to sit down when he wanted to run around like a wild animal. Finally the dad said very calmly, "Fine I'm going to eat your ice cream if you don't get over here." The little boy replied the most hateful look on his face, "BITE ME!"

All I can say is WOW! I don't think I would have remembered the incidient as an adult becauseI would have had the you know what beat out of me. I'm not into beating a child but I do believe a good slap or spanking would have been highly acceptable in my book. But that's what's wrong with society today. We can't so much as look at our children crosseyed without someone calling CPS on us when they have crossed the line. Which is why children have no respect whatsoever for their parents, teachers, or adults in general. My mom didn't even have to say a word for me to know when to stop whatever I was doing and behave, with one look I knew if I had crossed the line or if I was going to get punishment when we got home. To this day if I were to tell her something like that I have no doubt in my mind that she would still be able to give me a good whooping!

No comments:

Post a Comment