Ok so it's like 11:30 p.m. and I should be in bed but I'm not. I'm totally bummed out about a lot of things. For example I wish my husband and I were in our own home already. We were so close to having that. But of course shit happens. My dad's company closed up and everyone was let go, and he had not been working for almost a year. My husband and I changed our minds about the house we were going to get because of the issues with it the day before he lost his job. So that put everything on hold.
My dad finally got hired on through a temp angency for working in a warehouse. And well, it's not going the way it should. His boss is a dick head, and treats him and everyone else like crap. My dad feels like he's working in a sweat shop. He has been working 12 hour + days 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks. It really sucks to see him work so hard and not be appreciated! I don't understand why people have to act like major asses when they are in charge. I hope he finds something else soon!
As for me and my husband, we both got bummed about my dad loosing his job and promised my parents to stay so that we can help them out until they are on their feet. I want to do everything I can to help them because they've given me so much as kid and as an adult. But at the same time I want my husband and I to finally be on our own. I want to know what it's like to be really free. To be able to come home to a quiet home, no tv, no loud computer, no loud music, just peacefulness.
On the weekends I would love to stay home and just do my own thing but my husband gets bored because it's not his house or his space to do what he wants to do. So we are always going out and wasting money. I would love to have our own place so that we can do what ever we want to do. At the moment I see my friends in their own places, or getting ready to purchase their first homes and I'm happy for them but so very bummed. I'm really jealous of the ones that have a house, and don't have to work because their husbands make more than enough for them to be able to stay home. I wish we could afford to do that. I'm so tired of working, and I hate my job, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it! Every other pay check sucks because my work doesn't cover his medical and his job does not give medical until he reaches full time. So it's almost as though I'm working part time just without the part time hours. I want to quit every single day I wake up, god I hate it there!
Before he lost his job my husband and I were finally debt free, our cars were paid off, and we didn't have anymore credit card debt. My car finally died and we traded it in for my new truck, so at least we weren't upside down on it. After that I guess we've just gotten bored and have given up. So of course we are now in the same boat as before, and even if my dad did get a better job we will have to stay to fix our stupidity. I'm guessing by the time we are ready to purchase a house, the housing market will have skyrocketed and we will just end up in an apartment just to have our own space because we won't be able to afford shit. Or we will live with my parents until we are 40. So that's probably going to be another 11 years, unless we all loose our sanity and end up in paded cells.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment