Thursday, October 15, 2009

Vacation Time!!!

In 2 weeks I'll be on vacation, hurray! Although our plans for what we wanted to do has changed, even the length of time being taken but it's still good. I was planing on taking 2 1/2 weeks off and spending at least a week of it in Seattle Washington; site seeing and maybe spend an afternoon with my aunt but life sucks and shit happens in my world. My vacation has been reduced to 3 days, and I'm sure I won't be relaxing. All I can do is hope and pray for some peace and quiet so that I can craft, read, and just be. Did I mention my first day off is my birthday and we were supposed to be at Disneyland enjoying the day before going on our flight out.

So aside from going from 2 1/2 weeks to a lousy 3 days, good bye Seattle hello boring town that I already know! Instead, I'm sure I'll be running errands, cleaning, doing laundry, and making dinner......I'm pretty tempted to just take my birthday off not tell anyone and go to the movies by myself, have lunch at the Olive Garden and then go to the library and knit until I'm supposed to be home and pretend it was just another day at the office as that would probably be the best birthday spent. I'm also quite positive that I will be making my own birthday meal if I get out of bed. I think the month of October became a curse the day I was born. Everyone seems to pass away this month and it's quite annoying all kidding aside. I think this year it would be nice to just forget my birthday and try to not get my hopes up that someone will remember before it's actually my birthday and a last minute attempt to something as that usually turns out pretty crappy anyway.

If my husband reads this post, this is what I would like for my birthday:

1. I love you but I don't want to have sex, it's my birthday not your's, get over it.

2. Let me freakin sleep in, don't wake me up by slamming doors and turning on lights at 4:00a.m. It's bad enough to have to get up early 6 days a week for work but not if I'm supposed to be home for "vacation". If you do this the #1 on this list may turn into months that's a promise!

3. Make your own meals.

4. If you want to do something nice, let me watch one of my movies or programs for at least an hour uninterrupted.

5. Don't bug me to go driving all over town because you're bored. If you need something to do clean the bathroom, clean the kitchen, clean the table, etc. And if you still feel the need to drive then go, no one is stopping you. If you want a companion take the dog with you she would love to go for a ride!

I feel I'm not hard to please. I'm pretty simple and basic, I don't even want a gift....just the gift of being able to relax and do what I want at my pleasure 1 day out of the whole freakin year!!!!!! I'm assuming the only things on this list that I'm actually going to get will be #1.

Knowing that our vacation plans were made short it's just so frusterating! It's been the only thing I've been looking forward to all year long! Anytime I had to deal with a crappy customer I would think to myself this is all worth it, vacation time is coming soon and it will be a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks. HA! I shouldn't have jinxed it! Even dealing with the drama and b.s. at home I would think soon vacation time will be here and I'll be in another state for a week. Sigh!

I'm going to make the best of my 3 days provided someone lets me do what I want on my 1st day off. We shall see. So far the only positive that I can come up with is that at least I won't be at work! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment